9 Ways to Use New “Micro-Retargeting”
When it comes to micro-retargeting, the options of retargeting are endless and by using the new ConnectRetarget Tool, it’s even more powerful. There’s never been a better time for us to be in the right place at the right time.
And the ultimate beauty? Targeting in this mechanism can cost less than $5/day and the impact can be extremely high – in some cases have 50-100x R.O.I.
Assuming that you want to increase your R.O.I for every dollar you spend on marketing, I’ve put together some sample micro-retargeting scenarios, just for you. 🙂
- Oh, Hey there! – Once someone is a customer, they go through a specific series of 6-steps which takes them from buyers remorse to becoming an advocate. You can easily use retargeting to “welcome” your customers to your product, service or platform. This is a super low cost and effective means of reinforcing that they’ve made an amazing choice. We do this for our own programs and it costs us less than $30/mo to execute.
- Forgot the Basket? – Deployed by giants like Amazon, this ensures that if someone was about to purchase something and didn’t complete it, the system doesn’t forget. This allows you to suggest that perhaps they should come back and push the “buy” button. The revenue generated from this medium is HUGE and can be used in almost any industry.
- You Saw “That,” Therefore You’ll Enjoy “This.” – This involves detecting what type of content someone is looking at, or where they are in your marketing funnel. Once you know this you can display retargeted ads based on what someone is interested in, completely upon their behavior.
- Come with me on this Journey – Using time-based retargeting, you can actually show people different full-on retargeting campaigns that are time released and tell a story on a week-by-week basis. Not only is this “cool,” but the user will become increasingly interested in your brand due to level of engagement that you’re giving to that person.
- Did you need this as well? – Someone just bought something from you. Wouldn’t it make sense to try to up-sell, down-sell or cross-sell them since they’re a customer? When done properly, this allows you to increase the value of your customer for pennies.
- Hey, remember our appointment? – If you’re hosting webinars or some type of online event, it’s important for people to show up. When we implemented a simple reminder for those who signed up for our events, our show-up rate increased by 20% and it cost us just a couple of bucks per 100 registrants.
- Where did you come from? – With new technology, you can actually retarget people based upon where they came from. That allows you to do different targeting if they came from your email list, Facebook ads, organic Google traffic or anywhere else. The possibilities in this are endless.
- Your spending a lot of time, are you sure you don’t want it? – Using a new piece of technology that has been recently launched, you can now retarget people based on HOW LONG they’ve been on the page. This means that you can retarget someone that has been on your website for 20 minutes, differently than someone who’s been there for 5 seconds. You can learn more about the software here.
- Oh hey! Look at this, since you’re here – Using the power of OptinMonster (use Coupon Code, “INFINITUS” for 30% off), you can actually retarget people that are on certain pages of your website differently. If someone has visited 3 pages about Facebook, you can trigger a “pop-up” or “offer” concerning Facebook. You can do the same with email if they were visiting your information about email marketing.
As you can see, retargeting can be a LOT of fun, it gives you an insane amount of power and now with a new piece of technology, called ConnectRetarget, you can develop retargeting Facebook campaigns such as those mentioned above.
We’re using it at INFINITUS and I cannot WAIT to share the results of the return on investment.