10 Online Marketing Lead Generation Hacks (steal these!)
Wouldn’t it be cool if you could apply some tested ‘hacks’ to your online marketing that would allow you to generate more leads and more revenue?
To celebrate the Launch of our 34 Marketing Funnel Conversion Hacks, I thought I’d combine my 5 FAVOURITE hacks PLUS 5 hacks from those submitted from the tens of thousands of entrepreneurs on our email list for you, for free!
So, let’s get into them!
Go ahead, you can thank me later. 🙂
- Relevancy hacking – I keep saying this one over and over again, as it combines #5, #6 and #4. I’ve written an entire article on this one which you can find here. Simply put, if you’re using Facebook advertising and not using this you are paying at least 5x more than you should.
- Content upgrades – Content upgrades allow you to increase your conversion rates on page from <4% to between 12-20% in our experience. These content upgrades allow you to pair content with valuable extra information that requires the user to become a lead in your funnel in order to access the information.
- Targeting your own audience first – Why try to target a new audience? Target those that are already on your email list – the people who visit your website. Heck, even target those that are in your LinkedIn network, or those on Facebook. Using the power of custom audiences and lookalike audiences, you don’t need to find your audience. We go into detail in this article on how to use this as a powerful lead-generation tool.
- Build your audience quickly by sharing your lead magnets – Find others in the marketplace, in their automated email streams and in your own email streams place your lead magnets, allowing you to cross-pollinate your audience. This is completely free and allows for explosive growth. – Adam Franklin
- Talk to 4 new people a day for 15 minutes each – This is slightly outside of online marketing, but to understand your audience better, have the Call to Action on your webinars and online marketing direct to a quick and free 15 minute call. It allows you to understand your customer’s pain points better. – James Tew
- Use buttons in your emails – When we added clickable buttons to our emails, we were able to increase our click-through rate in our email marketing by 120%. When we added videos, we increased our rate by 324%. Try it – so simple, yet so effective!
- Use someone else’s content with your own twist – Regardless if it’s on Twitter, your blog or Instagram, using someone else’s content (while crediting them) along with adding your own twist allows you to build extra authority while repurposing someone’s content. You’ll be able to make them a fan of yours and potentially have them share you to their audience. – Neil
- Responsive mobile landing pages and ads – Facebook Mobile Advertising, directed to a mobile responsive landing page has a lower bounce rate, higher conversion rates and lower cost per conversions than normal.
- Intelligent thank you pages – Once someone subscribes to your lead magnet, it’s a great time to have them take another action. For us it’s subscribing to the Limitless Business Group. However anything that will take a little extra time, but give value will further increase intimacy in the relationship and show your value and has over a 60%+ conversion rate.
- Tagging and Tracking Behaviour – If someone enjoys articles, send them articles. If they enjoy videos, send them videos. If someone wants to hear more about one of your offerings, tell them about that. Relevancy matters in your marketing and with the power of a tool such as ActiveCampaign (click for our review), it’s simple to start implementing. We see HUGE results in our customers marketing when they do it.
- BONUS: It really doesn’t matter WHEN you send your emails, but you need to be consistent with the NUMBER of emails sent and the TIME in which you send them. Our BEST times are on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays and Sundays, but it depends on your customer avatar. Test different audiences with different timing segments. 🙂